Monday, December 6, 2010
Eric Ludy - Depraved Indifference
Another RR family had this video on their blog and it is very powerful. It is humbling and pierces the heart.
It reminds me of the "why" we did what we did when we adopted our 3 children with special needs when we already had 6 "of our own." It doesn't make sense from a worldly perspective so many people didn't or still don't understand it. When I take my eyes off of the Lord, and focus on the challenges and incoveniences, I forget and it doesn't make sense to me either. I can hear myself beginning to think, "didn't I have enough to do?" or "how can I possibly meet their needs?" and --the one that well meaning, good friends and family members say often-- "what about (you) me and (your)my needs?"
But when I have God's perspective...which is far above my own... it makes sense.
This video reminds me that this world is not about my comfort, desires or ambitions. It is about God and what He is doing. He loves every child, every orphan...they are precious to Him. If we call ourselves His children, then we will love them too...enough to show it. He loved us sacrificially and if we follow HIm, we must love sacrificially...and trust Him to work it all out through us. He is big enough to enable each of us to be His hands and His feet to this world.
The amazing part is that He blesses us when we are obedient and care for the orphan. Sometimes we wonder if our adoptions have been more than saving these 3 precious children, but also about the work God is doing in our hearts...in other words, we are being blessed even more by them, and what God is drawing out of us as we learn to love and care for the "least of these" who may not be able to "give" according to the world's defintion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment