Yesterday I went with my daughter Haylee to the dentist. My sweet girl had to get a tooth pulled that wasn't coming down right because the baby tooth didn't come out. Oh, I hate when our kids have to go through hard things though I know they have to. She was so brave and sweet...still smiled even though afterwards she said she had felt faint. Its always a joy to spend time alone with our children...even going to the dentist.
When we arrived home I had the joy of my youngest, Aidan, running happily to give me hug, followed by 3 year-old Lily, who we adopted this past summer, smiling and excitedly giving me a big hug too around my leg! She loves attention and smiles alot now, but this was the first time she initiated a big "Mommy's home" hug. An unexpected joy. Sometimes it can feel like she sees me just like the rest of the family especially since our big kids take care of the younger ones often, so it was neat to see that she "gets it" that she has a Mommy. I can still remember the first time Sean also did this...okay so they were copying what their siblings did, thats okay...they have to learn what a family is, and they are learning. Praise God :)
Other joys I'd like to share....
The Malone family's 10 day wait (after court) is over so today their son Ethan is officially theirs...no one can contest it anymore in otherwords, so now they can start working on bringing him HOME!! You can learn about their amazing family at www.themalonefamily.us
Another RR family we've posted about, and are trying to raise funds for, just found out that their dossier was submitted officially TODAY, so they anticipate traveling in 4 weeks! Masha will soon get to meet her forever family...we're so excited for them.
If you would like to help their family there is another family doing a fundraiser chip-in for an IPOD...I think it ends today..and every dollar that is raised will be matched. The Cornish family's blog is www.cornishadoptionjourney.blogspot.com Its amazing how much they have raised and are trying to reach $8,000 to help this precious family. They went to adopt from the same orphanage Sean was in a few months before we got him 2 years ago...and are blessed to know them. You can also donate on our daughters fundraiser on the sidebar.
There is also great things going on for little Jonah...a $1200 matching grant has been raised through another RR mom's blog www.covenantbuilders.blogspot.com
It is such a blessing to see God moving in hearts ...giving more and more people a love for those who are helpless and loved by Him. Sometimes it can be overwhelming to see all that need help and homes, so we need to rejoice in these things and thank God!
Friday, February 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comment:
What a sweet story! Hope Hailee is doing OK. I loved reading about Aiden and Lily -- awesome how Lily knows her mommy!
Post a Comment