I am really hoping to get some pictures on here in the future but seems our camera is out of sight since we moved and the cord to charge up our little video recorder that takes pictures is gone too. So for anyone who has been patiently waiting for update pictures...sorry about that. It is getting close to a YEAR since we adopted LIly and Joshua (in a few months...started mid July and they got home late August)...the time has really flown by, perhaps because we moved twice.
I was thinking lately how you just never know how your life can touch another life. You may think no one is watching, or that what you do doesn't matter too much. But, God has been reminding me... that it does.
A while back I had it on my heart to write an article for a wonderful christian magazine called "Above Rubies" which encourages motherhood and families ( if you are a mommy or hope to be one one day, I encourage you to look up Above Rubies and ask to be put on their mailing list..they send it out free of charge and they are run by donations alone.) I wanted to share about what God was doing in our heart, leading us to adopt Sean and then Lily and Joshua (we were in the middle of adopting Lily and Joshua when I wrote it) I didn't even know if it would get printed but thought I'd try. I was contacteed by Nancy Cambell from Above Rubies herself asking for a picture right away so she could put it in their magazine. I was thankful for the opportunity to share our story and prayed it would bless others.
It has been amazing to see how God works. I've been contacted by christians here and from other countries who were encouraged in some way from the article. Best of all, we've learned about families that God has led to welcome a special needs child into their homes. Now, 2 little girls with Down Syndrome named "Alice" and "Kaylee" are already at home with their families and have the love of a family and hope in their future. Another family that we had met once in SD who learned we were adopting SEan back in 2009 contacted us that they are pursuing an adoption of a blind little boy overseas after following our blog of our 2 adoptions and praying for us, God had given them a heart to be a blessing to this special little boy. I didn't even know they were reading it all this time.... so see, you just never know!
I don't know but imagine there is likely others....other people who read the article, or who went to the fundraising concert in Iowa that a family (at the time total strangers) had put on to raise money for us, and learned about Reeces Rainbow, or who heard our story on the news clip or at one of our many yardsales...
not to mention, the people that these other families have touched through their adoption journey and so on...
It gives me goosebumps to think about it.... and total JOY to think that little lives are being changed and forever blessed...and that God allowed us to play a part in what He is doing. He is so good.
So lets do what the Lord lays before us and know that it is not in vain...He is able to use each and every one of us for His good purposes, and our lives do make a difference...one day we will know how much.
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galatians 6:9
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comment:
Hello from Reece’s Rainbow!
I have recently started serving Reece’s Rainbow as the Post-Adoption Care Coordinator. Some adopted children slide right into the family but most will have some struggles and some may have a very hard time. My role is to help keep families connected after they come home and to provide support and a listening ear as well as access to helpful resources. You are not alone!
If you are not already involved in the After the Rainbow yahoo group then please join us. It’s a great place to give and receive information and support! Also, if I can help you personally in any way, please feel free to contact me. My email address is Rachel@reecesrainbow.org
Blessings ,
Rachel Whitmire
Post-Adoption Care Coordinator
Reece’s Rainbow Down Syndrome Adoption Ministry
www.reecesrainbow.org
Post a Comment