You may contact our family at: sdadamsons@gmail.com

8 years ago we were blessed to start our adoption journey to bring home 3 spec. You can read about their adoptions on older posts.

Now after having hosted 2 children in our home who quickly became family to us, we are once again embarking on a journey to bring them home! Join our family in this amazing journey!






Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Diapers, dishes, and doctor's

Thanks to all who have prayed for our family as we moved across the country and get settled here in our temporary home, and look for a more permanent home here in VA.

Today I was feeling like all I've been accomplishing is feeding children, washing dishes, changing diapers and wiping noses ...not sure if it is a never-ending cold or allergies but our 2 with DS seem to have had a runny nose for a few weeks now. We are missing our dishwasher (we were so spoiled) as dishes pile up very quickly with 11 people--even if 5 of them are 4 and under.

Today I had to take Annabelle to the doctor after we discovered a tick on her shoulder. I found out that correct technique was not to smother it but to use tweezers to pull firmly (not harming the tick, as it could spew bacteria) and hold, and the tick should release its head....well, not this tick--it was holding on for good and after many tries it broke off with the head still in her skin. So we headed to urgent care where they finally got it out....she was so incredibly brave and didn't even cry once. It was incredible.

Even though it was concerning (with the risk of possible Lymes Disease or infection)and stressful, there were some blessings in disguise...one being that my eldest daughters got the opportunity they'd been wanting (but Mommy wasn't ready for) to watch some of the younger children while I took her to the doctor. Thankfully our host family was at home (we are staying in their basement apartment) so I knew if there was a need, they were there. The girls did great...I came home to dinner made and the little ones being fed. Praise God! The best thing was....they really enjoyed doing it!
The experience also reminded me of all we have to be thankful for, and how precious each child is. Changing those diapers is important work , and I can give thanks that we had food to eat on those dishes...and praise God that my girls can find joy in cooking and helping their family.

It generally is so easy to see the negative, what is wrong or lacking and miss the good... we recently watched Pollyanna where she quoted Abraham Lincoln saying something like, "if you look for whats wrong in people, you will certainly find it" So often this is true of me, when I live according to my "flesh" or what comes natural, but God says to "rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus (1 Thessalonianas 5:18) I could have come home and focused on what wasn't done and I thank God for helping me, this time, to focus on what was done and be thankful. So there may be a sink full of dishes...there was character building going on today.... a 6 year-old was being strong and courageous....an 11 and 13 year-old were seeking to serve their family joyfully... little ones were learning that its okay for big sisters to take care of them...and mommy was being reminded of what was important. Thank you, Lord.

Please pray that Annabelle will remain healthy now that the tick is removed fully. We are also seeking God's wisdom and direction regarding a home for our family so we can get settled.

3 comments:

Julia said...

Come move over here in Fluvanna County - My husband has a house for sale and Fluvanna is a NICE area!! LOL!! We are located between Charlottesville and Richmond.... 434-589-4102 if you are lonely!!

or covenantb@yahoo.com

Gwen S said...

Hope Annabelle is OK!
You are also welcome to call me if you need an extra hand or a place for kids to be while you are off with others (or if you need a break). We are about 15 mins away, I think. 804-730-1711. My kids are always begging for playdates with other homeschoolers.

Steph said...

Ok...I just lost a long post. Was just going to say (along with other things) that today the bible verse I highlighted was Philippians 4:13 "I have the strength for everything through Him who empowers me." I have those days too but then I have to remind myself who I am really serving while caring for these boys with special needs. I also have to remind myself that I should be serving with a "happy heart" but know that I am not perfect. We are SO blessed to have the older kiddos we do for how caring and loving they are to their little siblings and willing to help out. My almost 9 year old is begging for a 4-5 year old sister ;) Happy belated Birthday to Naomi! Take Care!!!

 




  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP