You may contact our family at: sdadamsons@gmail.com

8 years ago we were blessed to start our adoption journey to bring home 3 spec. You can read about their adoptions on older posts.

Now after having hosted 2 children in our home who quickly became family to us, we are once again embarking on a journey to bring them home! Join our family in this amazing journey!






Friday, July 15, 2011

Quick update

I just realized I hadn't updated about Annabelle.... she seems to be doing okay. She finished her antibiotics which we were told is successful at treating the Lymes Disease at this stage. Being her mommy, I am watching her and trying to keep an eye on her to make sure it is gone. I'm a little concerned about the eczema she has in the crease between her forearm and upper arm, and the milkd eczema on her face...which is new for her in the past few months. We took her back in to make sure and the doctor assured us that was something unrelated, although she said sometimes the body can develop a rash if it is fighting something. We did find another tick on the poor girl since as well. I need to figure ways to get that girl on garlic, and find a natural repellant we can put on. She (and the other kids) LOVE going into our woods...which usually ends up with someone having a tick so I try to limit how much they are in the woods which is unfortunate. She seems to have good energy level though the other day she complained of headache. Please keep her in your prayers.

The other update is that we got our 2 mininubian does (goats)! The kids and I have been enjoying milking Heidi (Annabelle was her original name...but one Annabelle in the family is enough) and Clara (originally Isabelle). Their orginal names we'll call them as middle names. I'll share more about them later... its been a good but at times stressful week with it being so hot and us new to the world of goats. We were thankful that their previous owner came to pay us a visit to give them some supplements (to help with the stress of moving etc) and check on them to help them get adjusted here. They seem to be doing fine, and the break in the heat helps alot.

I've been proud of my big kids (who have wanted a "farm" for so long) how they have been working together to get the goats, milk them, care for the milk, clean out the pens, etc. Often I'm the one trying to wake up and get going and they come to get me and tell me that their ready on the stands! Usually my excuse is my nursing baby though :)
I wasn't sure how they'd do with milking but so far the the 3 oldest are doing great and seem to really enjoy it. We're hoping their milk production (which typically decreses with a move) will build up. I'll try to get pictures on here soon. The little kids love the goats too!

No comments:

 




  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP