You may contact our family at: sdadamsons@gmail.com

8 years ago we were blessed to start our adoption journey to bring home 3 spec. You can read about their adoptions on older posts.

Now after having hosted 2 children in our home who quickly became family to us, we are once again embarking on a journey to bring them home! Join our family in this amazing journey!






Thursday, February 6, 2014

Surgery

UPDATE: Joshua did well in surgery and they got everything done..praise God!

Today is the day Joshua gets surgery. He is getting a tracheostomy so that he will not have to be intubated ...when intubated he has to be sedated. This is partly because he moves his head and limbs constantly and also because he gets agitated from feeling the tube and stuff on him ...which affects his heartrate and other vital signs. With the trach he will be able to be awake which should help him recover better. He will also get a new central line up near his chest so one near his groin can be removed and less chance for infection.

Initially he will have to be sedated and his body medically paralyzed so he does not move while the trach site heals...for a whole week :( Sigh.

It has been such a joy the last several days to see Joshua with his eyes open and moving alot like Joshua usually does. This morning he was smiling and looking at us when we talk to him...and his vitals weren't going all over the place...so nice. Whenever I hold his hand though he starts breathing fast so I've been avoiding that.   He has been just looking all around, wiggling his feet (his arms are weighted down or they'd be going all over the place) while we wait for his surgery.  So thankful my dad came so I can be here to enjoy this.

He has a slight fever....which they think is withdrawal from meds he's been on :(

Here are some pictures of our sweet boy. Thank you for caring and for praying!


         Sleepy head this morning getting very awake and smiling a little!








 
       Beautiful blue eyes looking all around so content this morning for a while



                 Love these wiggly feet...can't wait til they are free!



All the tubes and machines sustaining him


His 3 chest tubes draining


(Now you can understand how complicated going to surgery  Is for Joshua!)

"Be anxious for nothing but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God, and the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and mandatory  in Christ Jesus."  (Phillipians 4:4-6l

addendum





3 comments:

freind said...

Praying! It is good that he is healthy enough for these next steps. Central lines in the groin are not good for diaper wearers. So prone to infection. Or yeast if not infection. Stephen still has a mark where his was in his groin even after all the others are well healed.

Karien Prinlsoo said...

Hi, I'm Karien and following from Pretoria, South Africa. I read you post about Gratitude yesterday, and want to thank you for it--it has really spoken to my heart.
Isaiah 43:1-3
1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel:
"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

3 For I am the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush and Seba in your stead.
Praying for Joshua for complete healing.
Bless you

Karien Prinlsoo said...

I pray that Joshua is doing well after the surgery and that he is getting stronger and stronger.

 




  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP