Well, today I bit the bullet, so to speak, and called Traci and said "Let's do it!" Seriously, we have probably known all along that we would commit to Lacie, even though our fundraising has not reached the benchmark Haylee and Naomi had set, but it is coming along. We have something like $900 to date- enough to do our home study! So, in answer to our daughters' heartfelt desire that Christmas morning they would find that we committed to Lacie, we are proceeding full steam ahead!
I can't believe we are about to embark on this journey again. All I keep thinking about is James 1:27: "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." God's clear demand of us as believers is to care for orphans and widows, and we are in God's will when we do this very thing. Our eyes are opened and we do see what we need to do. It is not an easy road- it is, as a friend who just sent us a support check stated, crazy! But following Christ, at least in the world's eyes, never seems safe, or normal, or "sane."
So here I am, writing a blog on the eve of the celebration of the birth of our Lord, who became a man to live the life we couldn't live, give His life as a sacrifice that we couldn't be, so that we could be adopted as children of the living God. We get to, in a small way, be a part of God's redemptive story as we welcome a child into our home that is as orphaned as we were before Christ.
We love you Lacie, and Lord willing, we will have you home before the next Christmas celebration!
John
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













2 comments:
Congratulations! Lacie is such a little doll! Your family will be so blessed by her, and she is certainly blessed to have such a family come for her :) I hope your journey to her is fast and easy, so she can come home soon!
Jodi Lewandoski
adopting Hunter
Congratulations on your decision to bring Lacie home. I am excited to see your journey unfold!
Post a Comment