Just wanted to share that Joshua is doing okay...no seizures (on his medication) that we are aware of. We will follow up with a neurologist soon who will hopefully do a thorough evaluation and give us more insight into his condition and options.
THe first 2 nights on the meds he slept like a ROCK...not a single peep out him (which is unusual) and the next days (after sleeping) he was very content and seemed amazingly more alert ...he'd look at you and smile alot and seemed much more calm. I think John said it, that he seemed like a different boy.
Then after those 2 days, the next 2 or so nights he cried most of the night and was very fussy in the day...not sure why.
Since then he has done pretty well but usually wakes up upset once and we've been putting him in his high chair to get him upright as he's been really congested. A few of the other little ones have colds so it may partly be that. He's fluctuated some between being sleepy and overly excited when happy ...kind of more like before the meds maybe. One thing I noticed is that often when he lookds at you and is happy, his gaze seems to be right above you. One thing I think was different on those 2 days was that he was looking right at us , and he was CALM when he was happy.
(Of course, it could be that he just slept so well that he felt better too... we wonder if he'd been having seizures at night and we didn't know.)
I am anxious to talk to the neurologist about it, and it makes me wonder if something could help him...a different dose or a different medication or another intervention, I"m not sure. It is hard because it was like our son "woke up" and was more interactive (he's been increasingly interactive since we brought him home but this was signicantly more so)...and then it went the other direction. But at the same time, it gives me hope that there is potential for him to progress alot.
If you've had any experience with medications and brain disorders, let me know!
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comment:
I have 2 sons who have seizures and are on medicatons.Their medications do cause drowsiness.Some may make them irretible.I alway make a list before we see the nuerologist.My 11 yr son has had his seizure meds switched a couple times now.They may have to adjust him on something else.Both of my sons have brain injuries.
Post a Comment