I don't know about you but I learn so much from other people's journeys...even when they are different in many ways from my own. It always amazes me how God can speak to us through other's words, writing and even dreams..
the family that is fighting to bring Kiril home (which I posted about previously) is waiting as they appeal to the Supreme Court. While waiting, his mommy had a dream ... you can read the whole post by going to the Davis family blog here Below is from her post:
"A few nights ago I had a dream. It was so vivid and I've been replaying it over and over in my mind. I was running a race and I actually won. At the end of the race, I crossed the finish line and Greg was there waiting for me. We were celebrating the victory, but he told me that I couldn't get the prizes for winning the race. I had not paid the entry fee, so I wasn't qualified to win anything. The prizes were also vivid in my mind; there were clothes, money, children's items, and gift certificates to various stores. But I couldn't have any of the prizes because I was never officially entered into the race. I had to accept that I had run the race and finished in first place; but I would not be able to have any material "treasures" to show for my accomplishment of finishing first. And I was okay with this. I was reminded of Jesus and how he ran the race of life, enduring the horrible persecution of men, winning nothing here on earth, but winning everything in heaven."
"I believe God gave me this dream to let me know that no matter what happens with Kirill, I am simply called to run the race. I'm not guaranteed any kind of earthly rewards. My prize is Jesus and being with him in Heaven. My race is to run to HIM. So I will keep putting one foot in front of the other despite the pain. I will keep my eyes focused on the prize and run the path that Jesus has paved for me. Because the race is won and victory is in HIM."
Here at our home my trials seem rather minor compared to what others are going through...but the truth of her statement applies to anyone, and sure touched my soul when I read it. Sometimes the race involves big things, like flying overseas for an adoption and facing many unknowns, or a loved one needing emergency medical attention, or moving away from your home and friends to a new place (we've had all of these in the past year)...
but sometimes the race invovles little things (which also can be hard)...
like a ton of dishes over and over, a fussy or disobedient child, mounds of dirty laundry, sick children (maybe thats a big thing), errands to do with a van full of kids, another dinner to make, a messy house to clean, a a new home with lots of boxes to organize--in your spare time--, another child to feed, having to deal with alot of noise, an adopted child rocking ...again... , children not getting along and needing intervention (again), another bill, getting up with the baby or the 5 year-old, the 4 year-old climbing in bed during the night (or all in the same night)....
I was just thinking about how I need to remember what she said in my own life. Its those every day stresses of things we face over and over that can really wear us down and rob our joy in the Lord...if we take our eyes off of Jesus, the author and pefector of our faith. He can use even these mundane trials to make us more like Him if we keep our eyes on Him. I know nothing happens apart from His Sovereign will...even our dishwasher breaking down (ahh!) and my neck, shoulder and arm being in alot of pain this week....if He is Sovereign and He is good (which I know to be true from His word) then EVERYTHIING is known by Him and for our good. Like the dream above, the race might not be full of rewards in this life--in the here and now--but if we dedicate it all to HIm and seek to learn what He wants and we rely on Him, than His blessings will last for eternity.
Lord, please forgive us when we lose sight of you and get worn down by the here and now ...
help us to keep our eyes on you, and seek to please you in the journey You lead us on. Help us to have faith that if we do the dishes again and take the time to train a little one or feed a little one or change a little one in YOUR NAME that this is valuable in Your sight. Give us the energy and strength and FAITH we need to walk in your ways no matter what we face. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.
Please pray for some families that are facing BIG trials right now...
the Davis family I mentioned above--they await a hearing with Russia's Supreme Court,
the Hook family--they are supposed to have a court hearing with the same judge the Davis family had regarding adoption of their little girl TODAY,
the Dickinson family-- they are adopting Masha (who our kids fundraised for on earlier posts) and they have already had several surprizes overseas, including that Masha had been transferred to another orphanage, they have to alter paperwork, and she is in the hospital. (You can read about them here), and
the Thumann family-- they are adopting Priscilla ( another precious one from RR) and when they arrived in country their arranged housing didn't work out which has been a big stressor as they start their journey.
Lets lift these dear families up to our Heavenly Father as we go about our day that we might all run this race together.
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment