You may contact our family at: sdadamsons@gmail.com

8 years ago we were blessed to start our adoption journey to bring home 3 spec. You can read about their adoptions on older posts.

Now after having hosted 2 children in our home who quickly became family to us, we are once again embarking on a journey to bring them home! Join our family in this amazing journey!






Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pray for our sweet boy








Joshua is being taken to the ER by my husband (and big sister Naomi) right now. Until we know something I am waiting here with the kids so I figured the best thing I can do is pray ...and ask others to pray too.

Joshua, if you don't already know, has a disorder of the 18th chromosome which caused his brain to not develop normally (he has microcephaly, and agenesis of the corpus callousum) HE is 4 but functions on the level of an infant in many ways. When we traveled to adopt Lily and Joshua we didn't know much about him, except for his sweet picture, his diagnosis, and that we were told that he couldn't sit, but could feed himself and understood what was being said to him. We quickly realized that he functioned much lower than we'd been told, as he was fed by a bottle and we couldn't tell what he could understand. I've been wanting to post more about our special boy and will try to do that soon.

Last night he began coughing and sneezing out flem that was dark brownish red in color...it was a mess and it happened a few times. We put him up in his chair for the rest of the night and he did better, and we were going to take him to the pediatrician today. This morning he seemed himself but a little sleepy but I thought he might have had a mild seizure once when he looked agitated and not himself once. THen, after lunch, I noticed he looked strange and then he got all tense and his eyes started rolling backwards and after that he vomited out his mouth and nose. So, I called my husband who came home right away to take him into the ER instead of the doctor.

Please pray for this sweet boy. He is so loved by God and one of His precious ones. I know people don't understand why we'd go through all we did to adopt him. I can't claim it to be our idea--as we never sought out to adopt a profoundly disabled little boy--but GOd has perfect and better plans than we do, and for us, it included Joshua. GOd is teaching us alot about His love through JOshua and we love him.

I will update once I know something but thank you so much for praying.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Praying right now! God is in control and loves that little boy even more than you do! Please keep us posted.

Jill said...

Praying here!!! Keep us posted as you can.

 




  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP