You may contact our family at: sdadamsons@gmail.com

8 years ago we were blessed to start our adoption journey to bring home 3 spec. You can read about their adoptions on older posts.

Now after having hosted 2 children in our home who quickly became family to us, we are once again embarking on a journey to bring them home! Join our family in this amazing journey!






Monday, August 30, 2010

All ready to come home

They were able to get Lily and Joshua's visas at the Embassy today!! They are packing up and getting ready to fly out in the early morning. When I talked to them the girls were watching the little ones while their daddy took a nap, and when they are getting ready for bed, he will get up and take care of little ones and stay up until they have to get ready to go at 2:00 am. He was up alot last night and figured it would work better if he got a little rest in the afternoon and then just stayed up so they wouldn't oversleeep.

Please keep them in your prayers as they come home. They are concerned about Joshua on the long flight as he can cry unconsolably at times and is on a special medication (they called "nerve" medicine) that is supposed to help....we are keeping things the same (how he eats, his meds, etc) for him for now until we get home and he can see a doctor to know how to best meed his needs. It will be a long day for Lily too. Hopefully they will be able to sleep on the plane. They have an ergo carrier for Lily and a stroller for Joshua that they can check in at the gate, and they will have a carseat for Joshua on the plane (not an ideal one but atleast it should help to keep him supported some and strapped in, so JOhn won't have to hold him the whole way). They were able to get seats together for the long flight and the domestic flight but have to get seat assignments for the flight to FRankfort when they arrive at the airport.

Please pray that get seats together, that John and the girls will have enough rest and energy to care for them, that Haylee (who is allergic to wheat) will get her gluten-free meals ordered and have no food reactions, and that the little ones will have grace to bear the flights and all the stimulation of airports, and eat and drink sufficiently. THey connenct in Frankfort and Chicago and have long layovers but we prefer this to the anxiety of short ones...especially with kids to feed and diaper.

Guess what we at home are doing?.....
cleaning the house,
cleaning out the car,
getting Lily and Joshua's bed's ready
laundry,
grocery shopping,
laundry,
cleaning,
packing for our move....
(in addition to meals, potty training, and the every day stuff)

I think I'd rather be flying on a plane, just kidding-- I well remember how challenging that is! I am glad to do it and prepare for our family finally being together.

Hopefully we'll fit in some fun time too!
We are very excited here and so thankful they are actually, really, finally flying home tomorrow. Thank you for following our journey and praying.

Traci

1 comment:

Steph said...

I'm so excited for you all. Their Tuesday has started and it brings back memories of my early morning of our trip home. I do pray for all your requests. I know how frustrated some moments got with just one child. I wish I was there to meet them at the airport. So looking forward to that update!!

Love,
The Becker's

 




  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP