In a week we will be on our way to Eastern Europe....
we're getting excited but also not excited...excited to finally go see Lacie and Taras, but not excited at all to leave our little ones here.
Our girls going on the 2nd trip are already packed and I am not yet. They said, "Daddy are you excited to be going back to the Ukraine?"....
"No" was his honest reply.... I can relate...traveling far from family, rushing around, dealing with airports, baggage, security, customs, spending alot of money, not being able to work, keeping a hectic schedule and generally feeling out of "control" (not being able to understand what people are saying around you in a different language and having to follow and depend on our adoption workers there etc)
Its not exactly something to look forward to...
It would be nice to be able to look with just joyful anticipation of our upcoming travels, as our older children do...they loved traveling to adopt Sean--seeing new things, a different culture, language, food, people, and seeing the many orphans.
The blessing of being a child, without the responsibilities and concerns of a Mommy and Daddy.
Yet, as a child of God, I can rest in the fact that God is in control. All things are in His hands. He is Sovereign, Almighty, Faithful, All- knowing, Loving and Good.
Last time the verse that kept coming to my mind and that helped me was in Psalm 139...
"where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there! If make my bed in the depths, you are there! If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment