Well, it took several days and was very consuming, but we finally got our tickets booked and ticketed. It is a great feeling!
It was really neat how God answered prayer, as after we'd originally booked the flight, we realized there was an overnight in Amsterdam I hadn't noticed, and our very patient travel agent at Golden Rule let us void them the next morning and see if there was any more openiings....
I'd prayed that God would open something so we could get home earlier to the kids,
and amazingly, there were 3 spots on the more direct flight which was just what we needed (the previous day there was nothing)...praise God!
It is such a difficult decision to make arrangements for the children and decide who stays and who goes, and we prayed alot about it. I really struggled with whether to take our nursing baby and I received alot of good advice both from people who have or are taking their young ones, and those who are not, or who have concerns about it. If you are also trying to make this decision, I'd be happy to share what I learned if you email me: childrenpreciousinhissight@gmail.com
Ultimately, we decided to keep our 9 month old in the U.S. where he can keep his normal routine, surrounded by his siblings which includes our older daughters who care for him alot (with adult caregiver of course) and where if he would get sick,he can get very good health care. Honestly, I can't imagine being without him and my heart breaks at even the thought of leaving him and him not having his mommy for so long--2 weeks....if I dwell on that, I start to panic. But, I know that he is in the hands of our Heavenly Father, and that we've prayed much, and that in our talks we keep coming back to it being best for him (maybe not me!) to be here. We've been over in the Ukraine before to adopt last year, and while I can't imagine being away from him, I can't imagine him being there, enduring all of that we went through... the running around, crazy fast taxi drivers, often with no seatbelts to be found, just not having "control" over where you go, what you have available, not understanding whats said in a foriegn language....and add to that the heat of summer (no a/c) and the possible exposure to illness. When we traveled home to see my dad to MD, I learned Aidan is a magnet...smiling at all the passengers and making people want to hold him....can't imagine how much those precious orphans would want to touch and hold a real baby they've never seen. Normally it would be fine but illness does go around there... last time my son brought back chicken pox which was not fun for him or his little sisters. We pray that won't happen again.
We will be praying hard for God's grace to protect and give grace to our baby, as well as our other children, and He surely did this last year for our then 2 and 4 year-old. Having said that, I do think it is a decision that is so personal and between the parents and the Lord, who will show each family what is best for them if they ask Him. I needed to leave it to my husband and trust that God gave him great concerns for a good reason, and I thank God. We did choose last time to bring our 3 oldest, and they had a wonderful experience...and they will each be returning...our year-old son on the first trip, and our 10 and 12 year-old girls on the 2nd to help bring home. We'd originally hoped to take our son to visit my parents for the 1st trip and he go on the 2nd trip, but it was just too expensive and we couldn't do both. I know God causes all things to work for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purposes, so we can rest in that.
Now, we just have to pray we can get some seats together at the time of our flight. :) We did find out that we will be on the same flight as another Reeces Rainbow family which will be a blessing!
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment