
We left Kiev Tuesday at 10 pm for the 8 hour train ride to Odessa. Jonah slept really well in the top bunk but John and I hardly slept at all...it was loud,bumpy and it moved side to side alot. That combined with having many things on my mind made it very difficult to sleep! In the morning we had coffee and tea, and they gave Jonah and Daddy a waffle cookie. After lugging our stuff through the train station, I'd wished I'd packed alot lighter and vowed to make sure they pack lighter on the second trip! We met up with our taxi driver Igor (who we had last adoption)and then rode for several hours to the city of the orphanage, Izmail stopping a couple times to use the bathroom and get a drink. John and I slept some and Jonah watched "Because of Winn Dixie" :) I will never get used to the driving here...so I was glad I was really tired and slept for some of the ride. One great answer to prayer is that we were able to have seatbelts in the taxi this time when we asked for them...he got them out of his trunk! :)













No comments:
Post a Comment